I’ve been enjoying this for the last couple of days, because it’s just like Nutella, but vegan, and it’s like Justin’s nut butter, but better, because it’s nut-free!!
Easy Chocolate Spread
- 1/2 bag of chocolate chips
- 3-5 tbsp of coconut butter
- Scoop coconut butter into microwave-safe bowl and melt it in the microwave (time depends on micro – I did it for a minute and it started to burn)
- Dump CC into melted coconut butter and microwave it for about 40 seconds.
- There may be CC left, but don’t worry. Stir the mixture, keeping in mind that you’re trying to melt the CC. It DOES melt, but if it doesn’t, feel free to put it in the microwave and micro it for 10 or so seconds.
- Stir until CC chunks are gone, and that’s it!
- (opt) Put it in fridge to make it a little bit hard and more like a “spread” (because it’s really liquidy right after it’s done)
Very convenient, too! I put this in a regular container and took it with me, bought bread (we were out), and spread it in the car! No wasting container (like those squeezable Justin’s nut butter), and because it’s made of coconut butter, it’s easy to wash off! (compared to pure ONLY chocolate melted. Those are SUPER-hard to wash off!!)
I would eat this straight, but why would I do that? I’d rather just use it as a spread. And this saves me from buying Cocoa bliss, because you can make chocolate spread with coconut butter, but you can’t make coconut butter with cocoa bliss! (unless you can take out the “cocoa” part out of the “cocoa bliss”…Ha ha)
And today, I wanted SOMETHING. Don’t know what, but I wanted SOMETHING. So I figured, lets make something!
Made Averie’s Raw Vegan Donut Holes, but the Flax Seeds weren’t sticking!!! (maybe because I didn’t use a FP to FP the seeds! :D) So then I thought: “What can I put in that would still be healthy and make this stick?”
“Oooooooooooh, right!!” The wonderful sweetness of Agav! (like the “Wonderful Wizard of Oz”. My brother likes singing (and doing the cute dance – lol) at random times, and it makes me laugh every time! :D) So we squirted some (1 tbsp?), and FPed it. Got better, but still not sticky enough.
The light bulb went on: “Butter? No. Coconut Chocolate Spread!!!!!!”
So I put the left over from today’s lunch (about 3-4 tbsp) in the FP with the Flaxseed mixture. (note: melt it before using, because it hardens pretty good)
“FP, GO!!” Then I let the FP run for a minute or so, and voila! It was PER-fect! Started rolling into balls (Michael, don’t wash your hand with dish soap next time – lol), and bam!! Cocoa powder-free (my body doesn’t work with it), chocolate doughnut holes!!
This was good, but maybe I should buy the finely-grounded flax seed instead, because the pieces are still a little too big! Lesson learned!
Next, recent buys!